WOMEN'S WIDTH FITTINGS
All Tricker's women's shoes and boots are a Tricker's Width Fit 4. Width Fit 4 is suitable for standard width women's feet. In the UK it is known as a C fitting; in the USA it is known as a B fitting; in other parts of the world, it is known as an M (medium) or A (average) fitting. If your foot is a standard width, a Tricker's Fit 4 will be suitable.
In a short space of time, your new Tricker's shoe or boot will fit to your individual foot shape. For more details about sizing, please see our Size Guide.
The last is a hard, three-dimensional form on which the shoe is constructed. Depending on the style of shoe we use different lasts, this is what dictates the overall shape, proportion, fit and character of the shoe. Many of our lasts have heritage, we’ve been using them for decades. The original moulds are made from wood and shaped by hand, there are then graded into the different sizes and tested rigorously to ensure the fit is consistent across the full breadth of sizes.
Our lasts will generally fit your regular size, although some vary so the information below should guide you. If you are still unsure contact us and one of our experts will be able to help.
LAST No: 4444
These are the most traditional sole variety - they're hard-wearing, but when they wear thin replace to ensure your shoe is kept in the best condition. Leather is a natural product and therefore porous. You can maintain it with leather conditioner.
This is a rubber sole with large studs that provide grip – whilst not so traditional, they do provide good all-round grip and durability for most surfaces.
Our original country boot sole - these take a bit of breaking in, but they provide excellent durability and grip across all terrain - particularly in the countryside.
These are light in weight and offer excellent comfort, enhanced mobility and shock absorption.
These are made from gum. A traditional sole that provides comfort and natural shock absorbency. Crepe soles are a natural product and somewhat porous. Therefore the colour can change with age.
When you choose Tricker’s, you never have to choose between practicality, durability and style. We make the world’s best country boots and shoes.
- Tricker’s is England’s longest established shoemaker. We were founded in 1829 by Joseph Tricker and remain wholly owned by his descendants, employing around 100 people in our Northampton shoe factory in the heart of England.
- All of our shoes and boots are handmade entirely from start to finish in Northampton by craftsmen and women using traditional methods, to the same exacting standards that first established our reputation.
- To make a pair of Tricker’s shoes or boots takes eight weeks, using 260 processes in six different rooms in our factory.
- Tricker’s footwear is worn by His Royal Highness Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, who awarded Tricker’s a Royal Warrant in 1989.
- Our uncompromising standards of craftsmanship, honest materials, environmentalism and sustainability are values that have been preserved and developed through five generations. Every material used in our construction can be traced back to its source.
- All of our shoes and boots are Goodyear welted – this is the process we use to join the sole of your shoe to the upper. It is incredibly robust and enables your shoes to be easily repaired in the future.
- There is a vibrant Tricker’s community on Instagram, where more than 150,000 Tricker’s fans share pictures and publish fantastic testimonials and reviews of both our footwear and service.
- “Built to Last” – your treasured Tricker’s start their life being made by hand on a last and so it is fitting that, with care and repair, they can last you a lifetime. We often find ourselves repairing, resoling or reheeling shoes that are more than 50 years old and we offer this service by post to anywhere in the world. And we ourselves have lasted since 1829 as a family-owned shoemaker.